We all know that cash is king, however, not all of us regularly monitor and forecast our cashflow. Following are some questions that we should ask in our businesses regularly:
- Do we have a Budget and Cash Flow that are reviewed monthly?
- Do we include capital equipment such as cars, trucks or equipment in our cashflow forecasts?
- Do we have financial delegations?
- Does everyone know what their budget is and what they can spend?
- Do debtors pay within their payment terms?
- Does our business have good cash flow?
- What controls do we have in place to ensure employees and contractors act in the business’s interests rather than in their own interests?
These questions are part of the balanced scorecard approach that Tweak HR uses to ensure that the businesses we work with have their activity aligned with their strategy. For a Business Health Check, please contact us.